|AfricanLII Brochure||91.27 KB|
The African Legal Information Institute (AfricanLII) is a project of the Democratic Governance and Rights Unit (DGRU) at the Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law, University of Cape Town. It was incubated at the Southern Africa Litigation Center (SALC).
AfricanLII's main goal is to promote Free Access to Law and Open Justice in Africa.
Subsidiary goals in support of this main goal are to:
- Identify potential new Legal Information Institutes in Africa;
- Assist and support new and existing Legal Information Institutes in Africa;
- Provide a centralized source of pan-African primary and secondary legal material;
- Provide legal information on regional and continental legal institutions;
- Coordinate and support a collaborative resource pool for LIIs across Africa.
We work with partners in Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Seychelles, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Former staff include: